Taipei Weekend of Exploration and Discovery
A bit rainy for our Taipei weekend visit but it turned out to be quite enjoyable. We had so much fun for just spending a couple days there. One of the highlights was climbing up Elephant Hill to get a nice view of the city and have a good hike. Yongkang Street is great and there are many interesting shops and restaurants.
There are several popular night markets to buy food and stuff and we enjoyed most the one at Raohe Street most. The night markets are very popular place to experience good street food and vibrant night life.
Pineapple cakes are famous in Taipei and without question my favorite was from Sunny Hills nearby the airport. Their cakes are very fresh and use only pineapple filling without any fillers. Pure taste and and so delicious. You go to the Sunny Hills cafe and have a complimentary tea & cake. There’s no obligation to buy anything but of course who wouldn’t leave without a box or few of these special treats?!
Something to note about Taipei is you need to use taxis a lot because many places of interest are spread around the city. Also, if you flying in, then the Songshan Airport is the best because it’s smack in the middle of the city and close to Taipei 101 and hotels.
My top things for Taipei Weekend Visit
- Street food such as Pancakes, Meat on a stick, Tofu, etc. All soo good.
- Tea. Just about all tea from Taiwan is exceptional.
- Night markets for food, shopping and fun. Raohe Street Night Market was nice.
- National Palace Museum
- Pineapple cakes and peanut nugget candy.
- Elephant Mountain either or both day and night to see the city skyline.
- Taipei 101 skyscraper is tallest in Taiwan and looks very cool.
- Walking around Yongkang street and surrounding neighborhoods.